The United States has numerous temporary non-immigrant work visas which permit a qualified foreign worker to live and work in the USA for a limited amount of time (for example, up to 1, 2, 3 or 5 years, depending on the specific work visa, purpose of US employment, and other factors). In many cases, a non-immigrant US work visa may have an option to be extended for an additional amount of time, depending on the circumstances. The spouse and dependent children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of a temporary work visa holder may also be able to apply for the relevant US visa so that they can move to America.

Examples of some of the most common temporary non-immigrant US work visas include the:

· H-Visa (Temporary Worker) – Approximately 500,000 temporary US work visas are issued each year through the H-Visa category, which includes the following sub-categories:

§  H1-B (Specialty Occupations)
§  H2-A (Temporary Agricultural Workers)
§  H2-B (Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers)

· L-Visa (Intracompany Transferee) – Around 150,000 non-immigrant US work visas are granted annually through the L-Visa category, which includes these sub-categories:

§  L-1A Visa (Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager)
§  L-1B Visa (Intracompany Transferee with Specialized Knowledge)

· O-Visa (Person with Extraordinary Ability) – More than 22,000 foreign nationals per year receive a temporary work visa to the USA through the O-Visa category, which includes the following sub-categories:

§  O-1A Visa (Persons with Extraordinary Ability in Science, Education, Business, or Athletics)
§  O-1B Visa (Persons with Extraordinary Ability in the Arts or Extraordinary Achievement in the Television or Motion Picture Industry)

· P-Visa (Internationally Recognized Athlete, Artist or Entertainer) – Over 30,000 temporary US work visas are issued yearly through the P-Visa category, including the following sub-categories:

§  P-1A Visa (Internationally Recognized Athlete)
§  P-1B Visa (Member of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group)

· R-Visa (Person in a Religious Occupation) – Around 6,000 temporary religious workers move to the United States every year with an R-Visa to work as ministers or in other religious occupations.

If you would like to live and work in the USA, the USAFIS Organization can evaluate your eligibility to apply for a temporary non-immigrant work visa. You can also receive guidance from the USAFIS team of professionals to make the US work visa application procedure as easy and fast as possible. To learn more, click here!